I have four of them. In Layneland, that's a LOT of kids.
I have been irritated as of late because it seems that whilst I am busy doing really important
I was on the phone with my mother the other day and we were discussing my stressful dilemma. I expressed my concern to her and, like any good mother, she advised me to turn to the scriptures for a solution to my problem. Being ever obedient, I did just that.
After having carefully read and pondered...
I have come to the conclusion that I will simply smite off their arms every time they ignore me or neglect to do their chores. I'm thinking it should work pretty quickly. I mean, according to Dr. Phil, if you want a certain behavior to cease, the punishment must be severe enough so as to make the offender less tempted to offend again.
Makes sense, right?
Unmade beds? Not in this house, baby
Dirty dishes are a thing of the past.
My 6 month old is already potty trained. She knows what's up.
And the best part?
They don't even question me when give them a chore.
I've so got this Mother of the Year thing in the bag.
Sometimes, even I am amazed at my greatness.










17 comments:
i always thought time outs weren't the most effective way to parent! :)
I am so going to tell my kids I will cut off their arms if they do not pick up thier crap. Good idea!
Smite off their arms. I AM amazed at your greatness.
Let me know how that works for you... I may have to follow suit!
Happy Day!
Smite - such an underutilized word.
I've got a feeling you're bringing on a comeback. The power of blogging!!
Dude, if you cut off their arms, who will do the work? We'll have to turn your house over to FEMA.
I am *so* going to do this too! I"m sure my kids will straighten up within days. ;-)
thanks for your comment on my blog! yep, my hubby is going to the killers concert on tuesday! i'm actually sitting this one out - it's just too difficult to figure out the logistics with my baby on a weeknight. i'm sure it will be a fabulous show! are you going?
I will be waiting anxiously for a signed copy of your parenting advice book when it comes out. And since I know you in real life, I get a discount right?
Natalie- I am going to that show. I'm really excited!
Tam- I will give you a discount because of my great and undying love for you. you might even get a free copy... one never knows.
I think you are really onto something here! It is amazing what the scriptures can do when put into real life situations!
I told Jim today (after we sat next a screaming kid eating at Cosco). I don't have any idea how we made it through child rearing alive - then said - I don't know how any of our kids did.
We aren't the greatest parents....it's so hard when you have no patience or tolerence.
I like your tip... would have been easier. I'll have to warn Damian.
~K
You made me laugh!
Thanks!!
Well, Your Majesty The Queen Bee, I've got a 14 yr old daughter I'd like to bring to your house so you could get her squared away. Sounds like you've got a handle on this discipline thang! LOL
I wanted to sign on as a Follower, but couldn't find a place to do that. Is this a Secret/Private Club??! LOL
I'm new. Have mercy and stop by to say "Hi" and perhaps be a Follower.
Loved your Blog!
Where oh Where is the "Followers" link? I STILL can't find it. My "racoon eyes" must be more serious than I thought.
Thanks for stopping by my Blog!!
DANG where were you when my kids were little? I've read that scripture a thousand times and never thought about using it for discliping. Shoot! I totally missed out! LOL LOL!
You crack me up! I've just read all the post on your page that I've missed. You are a RIOT. Sorry I've been MIA and this is short-I'm so far behind...but I wanted to let ya know I'm still around! ♥
That is WAY better than my discipline strategy.
Switching over today...
This is definately one I am going to have to try...
Love your interpretation of the scriptures... Do you teach Gospel Doctrine?
Ha -- cute post. Love your blog BTW... I stalk it all the time! :)
Post a Comment