Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ashley's Poem

Ashley gave me a poem that she wrote before Christmas break; I guess the teacher graded them and handed them back. I thought it was so sweet, and since my blog is a way for me to journal my life, I felt like I needed to post it so it's here.


Christmas
Christmas is the color of freshly
fallen snow.
It sounds like bells ringing
and children playing in the
snow.
It tastes like Christmas dinner
And smells like mother's
pumpkin pie baking in the
oven.
Christmas looks like snow blanketing
the rooftops.
It feels like Mother hugging you.

5 comments:

Nana said...

This is what makes a Nana proud, humbly proud, but proud just the same. However, might I make just one slight change...it's Gigi's pumpkin pie recipe that we always use. I'm just sayin'....

Sharon said...

How sweet. I remember Andrew doing a poem like that in 6th grade, but I can't begin to tell you what it was about. :-(

Just one more accomplishment on my road to Mother of the Year.

Brooke said...

h, I love it when children write things like this. It is so special. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

How sweet is that, it's absolutely adorable!

tammy said...

That's sweet.