Friday, January 2, 2009

This is a great idea

There is a cool blog that I stalk and she picks a word every year that has significance to her. I think that's such a great idea. I have been trying to copy her find a word that means something to me. I too love words and think that picking one is pretty much impossible, but I am going to attempt it. I love her word because I think if we were more flexible or willing to change the way we think and do things, we could have so much more happiness in our lives. Transition is a great thing, if you allow it to be. Another word I love is consequence. I think we too often think of consequences as negative things, but good choices also have consequences. Anyway, along the same lines, I have chosen my word.


Conviction
Definition:The fact or condition of being without doubt.

I think that we live in turbulent times and our allegiances are being tested daily. The tests are small now, but they won't always be. One of the reasons I admire my husband so much is that once he has made an important decision, he doesn't waver. Ever. He will fight to the death if he truly believes he is right. I'm flighty. I change my mind all the time. He makes a decision and sticks with it. Sometimes this really bugs me if his mind in not in accordance with my wishes; but I want to be strong like that. I want to know for a surety that I'm making the right decisions and never falter or second guess.

I hate New Years resolutions. I never make them. I prefer to think of goals that I would like to achieve in the near future, then meet those and make more. I would love to be less insane and actually think before I do things. I am going to do my best to live with more conviction. What words are you thinking of? I'd love to hear them. I think that's a great way we can all help each other to be better. Heaven knows I need all the help I can get. ;)

9 comments:

tammy said...

Good word. I haven't picked one yet. I did last year.

Penny said...

I am choosing patience. We all know I need it!

Kristina P. said...

I've seen some great words being picked. I love Conviction!

I finally picked a word too. I'll be posting in on Monday. I hope I can work on it all year!

Nana said...

Baby, you make your Queen Bee Mum proud and teary-eyed. I need to pick a word...patience, as with Penny, would be a good one for me but so would conviction. I, however, choose charity as my word for the year. Penny, Jenny & Layne ~ please remind me when I "forget".

Heidi said...

maybe capable...interesting idea though. I will have to put more thought into it.

Sharon said...

I'll have to think about it some more. Just one word? Hmmm.....

Lynn said...

I think my word is Passion. I want to live my life to the fullest every day. I don't want to leave this world with any regrets. Thanks for making me think!!

calmrapids said...

The only words I can think of right now are "laundry" as in the piles of it in my kitchen, "vomit" which is why Jace is home today, and "exhausted" because I couldn't sleep last night. Another year? I'm just trying to get through today. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your word! Thanks for playing along, here's to 2009!!