Wednesday, January 14, 2009

7 Random Things

I was tagged by Lynn to list 7 random things about me. I'm assuming she wants me to dig deep because she knows A LOT about me.


Hmmm.... I'm really kinda boring, but I'll try not to put you to sleep.

1. I love Twinkies. I've always loved them. I'm ashamed of this because they're not the classiest thing out there. I don't eat them very often, but I do love 'em.

2. I have great legs. they're really strong too. in the 7th grade I could press 300 pounds with them. I demonstrated it once in gym class. boys were nicer to me after that.

3. my hubby and I eloped. I think my mom was mad about it until she got some grandchildren out of the deal. she loves them.

4. I believe that you can say any ugly word in the English language with a British accent and sound classy. you don't agree? try it.

5. my finger & toe nails are polished at all times. you will never see me without it. oh- except for after I had Livi; I had my nails and toes painted the most beautiful Hollywood red. the mean nurse took it off because I was "having surgery" (a c-section). she not only took it off- she took it off poorly. all my fingers and toes were stained red. when they took me to the OR, my doctor even noticed because I always have them done... she said that it didn't need to be taken off and it was her opinion that the nurse was jealous. my sweet friend Kathy came to the hospital and cleaned them up and polished them again. I was grateful to her.

6. I have almost 3,000 songs in my itunes library. this includes every song ever recorded by the Killers. even the crappy sounding demos. I heart the Killers. a lot.

7. the only time I ever got sent to the Principal's office was for punching a boy in the nose. it was the 3rd grade and I still maintain that he deserved it. his name was Charlie Reynolds. he wasn't very nice.

10 comments:

Brooke said...

I used to like twinkies until they started gypping everyone out of the filling. I love finding this fun stuff out about you! Stupid, jealous nurse. What a good friend to come paint them again!

Stacy said...

HA!!! That was me laughing really loud.

Erin said...

A girl after my own heart! I spend all of my money on music (6000 songs in iTunes library - yeesh) and I like the Killers (And LOVE John Mayer). And I like Hostess products, but my favorite are Ding Dongs. If they weren't so darn expensive I would buy them every time I went to the store. And I mean every time.

tammy said...

I never knew that about you and Twinkies. And did that nurse really have to do every nail? I'm sure just one would have been enough to see if you were turning blue or whatever it is that they check them for.

Lynn said...

We talked about the twinkie thing, you must try them deep fried. Thanks for playing---did you tag anyone else??

Unknown said...

I have a friend who is a chef at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville. You should see what he can do with a Twinkie! He doctors each one up into its own little deliciousness. Ever had a German Chocolate Twinkie? How about White Chocolate Twinkies? I just gained 2 lbs thinking about them!

calmrapids said...

I didn't know you eloped! How romantic!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they wouldn't let you have your nails painted...for a c-section. Seriously, I think she was just jealous!

Have you ever tried frozen or deep fat fried twinkies, they're not bad! See why I have to detox once a year?!? Is it all making sense now?

Sharon said...

LOL! My mom still tells the story about me walloping a boy in nursery. :-)

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Love the header! It's classy and fabulous! So...where is charlienreynolds now do you think?