Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Man, kids today have it made....


Liz just came to me and asked me for help with her math homework. She is frustrated because she is having trouble and math is usually easy for her. So I sit down with her and she drops her head onto her arms and sighs for what seems like an eternity. After a few minutes of silently freaking out, she gets this little gleam in her eye and asks me a question that makes me laugh out loud....


"Mom, can't I just
Google it????"



Must be nice to have Google to help you with homework; especially when your parents are.... well.... mentally challenged....

8 comments:

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Oh my gosh. Remember when we used to have to GO TO THE LIBRARY RESEARCH SECTION and look things up in the Encyclopedia Brittanica? I remember my parents buying our house its very own set from a door to door sales person and me thinking that now research projects would be so much easier. And then I'd walk 2 miles uphill to school and back through the snow. Ugh.

amberd. said...

haha! That is so funny. What cute kids you have my darling. Google is my dang friend. Seriously, I can't live with OUT it! Go Liz!

Sarah's Nonsense said...

How funny! I've secretly accessed Google in order to answer the questions posed to me during the homework hour twice already this week. Sheesh! I feel like I'm struggling through a timed test.

tammy said...

Funny!

Taylor is always asking me questions about things I have no answer to. And I am always saying go Google it. What, does he think because I'm the mom, I have all the answers?

They do have it easy.

pcb said...

I say - use whatever means necessary, I know I wouldn't be any help in math.

Penny said...

What a smart girl. She knows how to use her resorces!

Brooke said...

What a smarty pants!

Sharon said...

That is so funny! I need to tell my kids to "google" things more often. I use it all the time but when they ask me "what does --whatever-- mean?" I always say, "go look it up". From now on I'll just say, "go google it". ;-)