Ian: So Mom, how do old people get born?
Mom: Well, old people are born little babies like Olivia. Everyone has a Mommy and that's how they are born.
Ian: Ohhhhhhh... So they aren't BORN old? They just get that way?
Mom: Yes. They have already been a baby and then a kid, and then a grown up. They have lived their lives and they're almost done on Earth.
Ian: Is Nana a grown up?
Mom: Yes.
Ian: Wow... I didn't know that!
Long, Thoughtful pause.......
Ian: Mom, how do babies get in their Mom's tummies?
Mom: (speechless...my mind going 55 miles a minute trying to explain this one on a 7 yr old's level.....)
Ian: Does Jesus put them there?
Mom: Um.... Yes.
Ian: That's cool.
Mom: Yes, yes it is.
Snippets
9 years ago










12 comments:
It's always nice when kids provide the perfect out! LOL Good answer! :)
So he didn't know Nana was a grown-up? That's funny. Is she extremely immature? lol
Connor asked in church the other day, "So like how does the doctor get the baby out of your tummmy mom?"
I love conversations with the littles.
I'm always relieved when kids answer their own questions. I usually don't know how to answer them or don't know the answer.
Whew!! That was close. In my head, I'm seeing you drawing diagrams with balls and little tails. Not pretty at all.
Also, don't forget the old "go ask your dad" escape.
Oh the conversatrions they entice us with, gotta love it!
BTW, I have a bloggy award to pass on to you so come see me!
you totally wimped out! :) better get that birds/bees speech ready. i've got a version for every age. i've already used up 7, 8, 9, and 10. working on 11 year old. :)
I think you should take her to Benjamin Button. Not at all confusing.
i got my bracelet at VernonBea...she has her stuff on
www.etsy.com. i just got it saturday and i love it!!!
yikes! I dread the day!
"Yes, yes it is." I love it!
I haven't been asked any questions yet, thank goodness. I'm scared for the day!
Queenbee, your boy is obviously brilliant. Clearly he saw the Benjamin Button movie and has been thoughtfully processing the movie ever since.
My point is further illustrated by your boy's musings on where babies come from. Have you considered MENSA testing?
I love it.
-Francesca
Post a Comment