Friday, October 3, 2008

Family Rules

So... in an attempt to have semi orderly children who are not trying to either kill one another or drive me completely batty, we have adopted some fairly new house rules. I thought that since my children can, at times, be rebellious
(surely they get that from their father) I would phrase the rules in a positive manner. It is actually sort of working! The first one is mainly for me, but if the children benefit too, then all the better...
Here they are:

1. Always use your “big kid” voice
2. Only use your hands to show love
3. Always use kind words
4. Always tell the truth
5. Always do what Mom & Dad ask- when they ask
6. Always use a kind voice
7. Always use positive self-talk. Use your words to lift- not lower
8. Do your best all the time

2 comments:

tammy said...

I know you well enough to know that their rebellion comes directly from their father.

Sharon said...

Those are great, Layne. I need to make a list like that.