Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ian's observations from his booster seat...

I guess I had better start paying attention to how I drive. The other day Ian, Ash, and I were picking Liz up from Brownies and I was driving the way I always do and talking to the kids. All the sudden Ian said:
"OHHHHH I get it now! The stop signs are actually for slowing down!"
My reply: "No, they are for stopping."
Ian- "You stopped?"
Me- "Yes, I stopped."
Ian- "The whole car?"
Me- "Yes Ian, the whole car."
Ian- "Wow, it SURE didn't FEEL like it!"
Me- I stopped so well you didn't even feel it."
Ian- stared blankly at his insane mother, but remained silent.
I'm not gonna say he bought it... but he stopped talking -and that is good enough for me.

3 comments:

tammy said...

That is hilarious! Taylor is all too good now at pointing out everything I do wrong. Bugs the crap out of me.

Krista Darrach said...

I miss you so much! I was reading one of your posts and you put "I'm just sayin" - oh how I miss hearing that.
I love hearing your funny moments...they crack me up!
We sure miss the Nybergs!
Thanks for sharing!
~Krista

Sharon said...

LOL! It's amazing what kids pick up on, huh?