Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I tried... I tried and I failed.

Almost Every mother wants to give her children the best life possible. Do we not sacrifice day in and day out? Do we not provide them with love and tenderness? We all start out thinking that we are going to be the best. We're not going to screw our kids up. We aren't.







Friends, I've done a terrible thing. I'm not sure that I can ever come back from this one. As you'll recall, several days ago, I posted my theory about
Girl Scout Cookies.





I maintain my theory. They're evil.





Being the wonderfully caring and devoted mother that we all know I am... I have kept my children safe from the perilous dangers of these unnatural and oppressive vices. I have eaten every girl scout cookie in the house. In an effort to protect my children from the bonds of addiction, I have gained 78.4 45 pounds in the last 8 10 days. I was trying to shield them from the awful woes and ultimate demise that addiction brings. In this, my gracious companions, I have failed. Miserably.





I give you exhibit "A"

Please note the twinkle in her eye and the sweet and loving smile. She's happy and content. Life as she knows it is wonderful. When this picture was taken, she had just discovered the wonderful world of pancakes thanks to
Pancake Gurl who wanted to make them for dinner... And since I allow my children to explore and grow, I allowed her to take over my kitchen plus, seriously..... I was not in any mood to cook that night I knew that the risk of creating yet another pancake gurl was high, but it was a chance I was willing to take for growth and progress. As long as she cleaned up afterwards. I mean, I can take Pancake Gurl... I ain't scared.

Apparently, whilst in my cookie induced stupor, I inadvertently allowed my sweet and adoring 7 month old to partake of the strictly forbidden except for Mommies- they NEED them.



Oh what have I done?





Exhibit "B"



Exhibit "B2"





I might as well have given her a box of twinkies crack. Now, anytime she sees a little green box she starts drooling. She wakes in the night sweating and shaky.... I swear she's chanting "I WANT THIN MINTS" repeatedly.Even in her fitful sleep.

I'm at a total loss here. Where do you send a 7 month old to dry out? I've heard that there's a facility in Southern Utah that takes the tough love approach. We may just have to take her there. I'm just not strong enough. And- it's tax season... so I'm pretty much gonna have to handle this one sans Daddy-o. It would break his heart anyway...

My life is falling apart. My "friend" told me that I have to handle my problem first, but since I don't got no problem, I told her where she could go- and precisely how to get there.

I don't have a problem, I'm sacrificing for my children. Any good mother would do what I did.

Don't you dare judge me.

13 comments:

Stacy said...

Loves me some mini wig. She looks so scrumptious I might lick her face.

Krissa said...

Oh my....you are funny! And i highly doubt that you gained 45 lbs... crazy! Maybe starting them early is not such a bad thing. Maybe when she gets older she wont crave them so much since she has had them for so long...Im not sure. All I know is that I just ate 2 of them...haha!

Jenni said...

Blame it on the Bumbo. Denial, my dear. Denial. You just enjoy your thin-mint/crack induced coma this afternoon. Consider it parent/child bonding.

Kristina P. said...

I say start them young. Good job.

Unknown said...

Mea culpa. I should have called you the Original Queen Bee--since I'm just self proclaimed and you are obviously the chosen one! I'll correct that right away. ;-)

My husband loved the pictures of the baby! What a cutie. And just so you won't feel alone--he and I managed to eat 6 boxes of those crack laden cookies in 2 days. In all fairness though, there's only like 4 cookies in each box, so what's the harm? Right? Right?

tammy said...

I wake up the same way in the night. It's not good.

amberd. said...

I freaking tweek for thin mints. I can't believe you started your kid on thin mints. You suck. She is gonna have a life long issue because of your crap. dang.

Lauren said...

I CANNOT FIND ANY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!! I feel just like the baby looks. Where are the stations of girl scouts outside Walmart? I need my Samoas! Right now! I think I'll have to drive around town and see if I can find some. Or as back up, get that limited edition ice cream. You have started a craving for this poor preggo!

calmrapids said...

She is SO DANG CUTE!

Sharon said...

HA!! She's so adorable, Layne. And I think it's a box thing rather than a cookie thing. All kids are fascinated with boxes. Yeah, that's it...

;-)

Pedaling said...

heaven help you.
:)

momof3girls said...

What a wonderful, protective mother you are! Who would dare judge you, not moi! I have learned early on never get between a girl & her chocolate. (I suggest everyone else in my household learn that rule to - or they might not live pass my PMS to see another day)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Your post fills me to the brim with comment and emotion, my friend. First and foremost, why would you ever consult a "friend" outside of the blogosphere? Do such people exist? The answer is no. You have everyone you need, right here.

Second, and more importantly, I feel your pain. As a Mother who is currently munching on Samoas for breakfast, I can say that I have walked a mile in your shoes.

You will live to tell your tale. Your children may not be so lucky.

-Francesca