Tuesday, March 10, 2009

To Tell.... or Not





I would never dream of lying to my children Saturday night about what time it was. I most certainly didn't tell them it was 10:00 when it was actually 8:30. And even if I had done that, with the time change, it would have been almost 10:00 anyway. A good mother knows that children need adequate sleep in order to be successful.


I did not skip Enrichment meeting on Tuesday night. I most certainly didn't wait until 9:45 PM to even take a shower. That just isn't something I'd ever do.


I couldn't possibly ever have even thought a really bad word, much less have spoken it aloud when I stubbed my toe. Words like that are foreign to me and are simply not part of my vocabulary. Ever.


I am not enjoying the 83 degree weather while some of my unfortunate friends are stuck in snow. I certainly would never dream of rubbing their noses in it.


I'm not planning on going to a concert tomorrow night while Mikey works late. That would just be wrong. Pure and simple.


I don't ever have a desire to slap people upside their stupid heads when they say rude things about people I love. I know that violence is no way to solve any problem.


I have never fibbed to my husband about the price of an item that I may or may not have purchased. While I have friends who indulge in that sort of behavior, I am above that. It would simply never occur to me.




I think that's enough for today. I know that there are some among us who are still working on our jealousy issues from my awesomeness last week. I wouldn't ever want to complicate the healing process.
All this can be yours someday- you must first make the proper choices and always stand accountable for your actions. And, last but not least.... you gotta want it bad enough.

9 comments:

Jenni said...

I didn't buy a new purse this week with the gift card I purchased for my friend's wedding, but that I neglected to send three months ago at the time of the wedding.

Sharon said...

I was good and fessed up about how much I spent at BE the same day. I seriously considered just not telling him how much I spent, but I confessed. Besides, he has access to the account and could check it for himself anyway.

I still aspire to be as cool as you!

Kristina P. said...

Yeah, I would never say those words when I stub my toe. Or I am late to work. Or I have a boil.

Musings of the Mrs. said...

You are surely an inspiration to us all. I have to just work harder I guess.

Unknown said...

I would never "hide" a purchased item, then bring it out a couple of months later and announce I'd had it for a while when asked about it by my husband. It would be unethical and unladylike.

pcb said...

Funny that many of the things you claim not to have done - I actually did and DO. I wonder how these things come to your uncontaminated mind so effortlessly???

Stacy said...

There aren't enough swear words in the English language to adequately express my feelings for you right now.

Amy said...

I loved your would never list... I've been gone from the blogoshpere lately... I 've missed your blog.

tammy said...

I'm glad I'm not that friend that would lie about what price I paid.