Monday, December 29, 2008

My brave little warriors

There apparently has been a brazen thief roaming the neighborhood the past few days. This is a big deal because we never even hear a fire engine, much less have crime. He robbed a home in the middle of the day and they haven't been able to catch him. My kids are a little bit freaked out. Ashley asked me at 4:30 this afternoon if we were all home for the night, I replied that indeed we were, so she promptly made sure all the doors were locked and turned on the alarm system. I'm not scared though because my kids are AWESOME- they're going to save us. They took it upon themselves to implement a plan that will lure him in and shut him down. Permanently.



They are well armed with plastic spoons (with chopsticks as backup if need be)
and ready to defend our property at any cost. I am talking about the risk of life and limb here. They are truly my hero's and I will sleep better tonight knowing that they have my back.

4 comments:

tammy said...

I will sleep better at night knowing you're so well protected.

The same thing happened here to someone in my ward. Broad daylight and they weren't even gone long. It was JD's old house. You do remember JD right?

queenbee4 said...

how could I ever forget JD? Good thing the cap'n travels so much...

Penny said...

What good little warriors!

Sharon said...

Wow! I haven't even heard of that. Maybe because we're too close to the fire station and railroad so we hear things like that. :-) Of course, when I hear a siren I always assume it's a fire engine, but it could well be the cops.

:-)'s to Ash for worrying about everyone.