
Ian: MOM... I put my tooth under my pillow last night,but when I woke up this morning, it was gone and there was no money there.
Mom: (internal dialogue) HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! How did THAT happen?
(Out loud) Are you sure, Ian? I know the tooth fairy wouldn't really take the tooth and not leave you money for it.
Ian: I know 'cuz taking something without giving people money is STEALING.
Mom: I know it. (Hurry up, come up with something believable...and fast)OK, so I will call her and see what happened. This is the 2nd tooth you have lost this week, so sometimes when kids lose teeth really close together, she plays tricks on them. You know she is really kinda tricky.
Ian: Ooooohhhh.
Mom: OK, you go downstairs and get your shoes on so I can call her..... (after sufficient time has passed and the money has been "located" in his room)Alright, I called her and she said to look around in your room. She was playing a trick on you-see if you can find it now.
The money was found and the tooth fairies antics were enjoyed by a little boy who I SWEAR is knocking his teeth out for money.










6 comments:
YOU Crack me UP!!!!
"Let me call her...."
I don't think I ever used that one. For sure I forgot to put the money under the pillow - usually forgot to take the tooth too.
That is great....I love it!
I love Ian....
~K
Good thing you had her number. That was a close one. I love what they fall for. Connor is hoping his loose tooth comes out on Christmas Eve so Santa and the Tooth Fairy will both be here in the same night.
LOL! Good job, mom. I'll have to remember to "call" the tooth fairy the next time she forgets to drop by.
I have had her email the kids. Mommy brain is awesome.
Your kids say the funniest things! Mostly I forget... Hope got so tired of putting her tooth under her pillow night after night she finally came to me and said, "Do you think I should write a note to remind the Tooth Fairy to come?" I told her that was a good idea! It worked! She got her money the next morning. That kid is always leaving notes for us all over the house! Too bad she has such OLD parents that don't remember what we are suppose to be doing!
Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment