I was chaperoning a youth tri-stake dance a few months ago, and while I was watching them act like complete idiots, I was reminded of when we went to stake dances... Remember the "Shopping Cart"? and how they had to ban Rock Lobster because we would get on the floor and flop around like
dead fish at the end? Whatever happened to Rebecca? Have you kept in touch with her over the years? Watching those crazy kids made me a teensy bit nostalgic for those dances. Then I remembered that being a teenager really isn't that much fun, although you could eat McDonald's as much as you wanted and not gain weight... that might be good to have back...oh, and if we ran it was because we
wanted to... and Spandau Ballet... and how on earth could we forget the Scotsman? OK... I'm done.
3 comments:
Dead fish, eh? I'd like to see that. Maybe the next time I'm in Houston you can show me your moves!
Ahhh....the good ole days!!! We never ate at McDonalds, we ate at Subway. Rebecca lives out here, she writes for an underground newspaper and plays drums in a band. We had some mad moves. Remember my crush on Ben Nolan. Yum Yum stake presidents son!!!
oh yeah... forgot about Subway... my school friends and I ate at McDonalds (and Taco Bell). That completely sounds like Rebecca! Hilarious! I can totally see that. Ben Nolan... lol... He was kinda cute. People still envy our moves; we were totally legendary.
Post a Comment