Tuesday, April 14, 2009

To Tell... Or Not...





At no point in the past week did I even think of using the Easter Bunny as leverage for getting my kids to do their chores. That would be bad parenting, pure and simple.



I most certainly did not buy more nail polish.


I know that I have a problem with Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. They speak to me. So naturally, I didn't buy any of those either.


At no point during church when the power went off (ever so briefly) did I wish that it would stay off so we could all go home without any guilt. I mean, Easter is one day when most people WANT to go to church. Heck, for some- it's the only day of the year they even make it.


Also, I had no evil thoughts concerning my children during church. At all. I love nothing more in life than an ill behaved child.



I did not spend an hour of my precious time day dreaming and thinking of ways to successfully sneak off to Vegas this weekend to see my favorite band perform. For goodness' sake, I'm a mother of four- I can't just go off gallivanting around the country... Plus, who would I go with? All of my friends are responsible mothers themselves, and would never agree to such an unscheduled field trip. Ever.



OK.... so I'm done thinking of stuff I would never do. Please know that if you do any of these things, you are not that evil. It's never too late to change your ways. I know that there is time. Even for you. Everyone has a measure of good in them. Somewhere.

7 comments:

pcb said...

I am sitting here with a Reese's thing in front of me right now - they speak to me too!

tammy said...

I didn't eat half a bag of those damn eggs at the movies last night either.

You know, Vegas is not that far from me.....I might have had to pop over there if you were there.

Unknown said...

Jelly beans speak to me, but so far I have not eaten the better part of a 4 pound bag. Besides, you know what Confusious said: Man who eat jelly bean fart in technicolor. Of course, I would never do THAT either!

Kristina P. said...

I did not have ice cream for breakfast.

Hope you're doing well! I don't see you around as much in blogland, but I am speedy, so I probably just get there before you.

It's sort of a problem.

Ash said...

I speak fluent Cadbury eggs.

It is a talent, isn't it?

And no worry about the whole church thing, I didn't even make it this year. I'll already be in hell to welcome you.

Sharon said...

I'm trying really hard to be deaf to the Easter candy. I've taken to putting it up in the cupboards so it's out of my and Jayden's eyesight. :-)

Lynn said...

the next time you have thoughts of Vegas you had better CALL ME!!!!