Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Time doth softly sweetly glide.... when there's love at home

Ash: MOM!!!!!!! Ian is SOOO rude!
He said my purse was STUPID. He is SOOOO ANNOYING. (remember- we are exceedingly hormonal -yay for me!)

Ian: NO, I didn't say your purse was stupid. I said it was DUMB. Du-umb. Dumb. And anyway,purses ARE totally dumb.

At this point, Ash ignores him and stomps her foot.cuz that will totally make him go away.
In the meantime, Liz is FIXATED on wearing these gray leggings that she cannot find and has only 20 minutes to dress, eat breakfast, AND get her hair done. Please do keep in mind that at this point it is 7:30 and we have been up for one hour. It has taken her 60 minutes to get out of bed (it's hard for me too.. but PLEASE) and take a quick shower. But I guess I should be grateful- for Liz this is only a semi meltdown. She has not started rolling around on the floor screaming yet. Her head has not started spinning and there is no green stuff flying out of her mouth yet. (where does she get THAT from?) I hate it when that happens because meltdowns are completely inappropriate and unproductive then I have to get all mean and have my own meltdown, and I just am not feeling it today. At least I have Livi to sit in her swing and smile at me. One of my kids still likes me -
1 outta 4 ain't bad, right?

6 comments:

Penny said...

Don't you love that peaceful feeling you get when they all leave? Mornings are better than after school. Now, that makes me feel like the looney bin would be a nice vacation!

Sharon said...

I agree with Penny. As hectic and crazy as mornings are, they are no match to the 4-6pm time. That SUCKS!!!

queenbee4 said...

4-6 is way better for me. ---I'm just sayin'.

Lynn said...

Believe it or not i actually miss those days! My kids are growing up way too fast. I secretly love it when Maya will sneek into my bed at night. But I would never tell her that, because then she might stop doing it!

tammy said...

So, it was a good morning then?

Krista Darrach said...

I love your commentary of the kids....it's so funny. You're personality comes through and it makes me miss you even more.
But then again, it makes me feel like I'm there. So that is good!