Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Morning Music

I am excited about this one because one of my very favorite bands is releasing a new album on November 25 and this is the first single. It's a great song, but it has had some controversy because of the lyrics. Nothing bad, but it was written after the lead singer heard a disparaging quote about America raising a generation of "dancers". Here is the statement Brandon Flowers made regarding his lyrics...

"It's taken from a quote by author Hunter S. Thompson. ... 'We're raising a generation of dancers,' and I took it and ran. I guess it bothers people that it's not grammatically correct, but I think I'm allowed to do whatever I want," he laughed. " 'Denser'? I hadn't heard that one. I don't like 'denser.' "

So, there you go. It's "dancer," and don't you forget it. And though Flowers cops to nicking the line from Thompson, does he share any of the author's sentiments about the growing softness of America's youth?

"I think that I do, and I don't want to be too much of a preacher," he said. "I say that it's a mild social statement, and that's all I'm gonna say. We're still trying to write the best pop songs we can write."

Remember to pause the music player at the side.

Oh- and also he's TOTALLY HOT. Just thought I'd add that part in case you weren't aware. :) Just lookin' out for ya.


4 comments:

Penny said...

I love this song too! He is waaay cute. But that jacket....not so much.

Stacy said...

Also, one of my new favorites. The second track is just as good. Since we still seem to share the same taste in music. You need to download the new Snow Patrol CD. A little more mellow than I usually like my stuff, but very lyrical. I also agree on the hotness, and totally LDS.

queenbee4 said...

hmmm... Snow Patrol. They are pretty mellow, but I will trust you. I think it is so cool that he is LDS. I didn't know that until the other day. And the hot factor is huge. You know I have always loved a guy in eyeliner. and sometimes even lipstick (well, ok just Robert Smith)

tammy said...

I'm glad you're always looking out for me and not letting me miss anyone that he's hot. What a friend you are.