Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's official....

I'm totally lame.



My kiddos have ditched me (yet again) for their yearly retreat at Nana & Pops' house, where there are mini-bikes, BB guns, cows (totally different than the ones their mom has- BTW), a few favorite cousins, no chores, no mommy, and no daddy... oh and the ever present plethora of tootsie rolls.
Well... In all fairness, Ash is at Girls Camp (her first year! Can you even believe that?) but rest assured, as soon as she get's home she's ditching me too.



I thought for sure my teensiest, tiniest drama queen would surely miss her mommy. Well, with the amount of food she's eating lately, she won't be teenie tiny much longer.





She doesn't. Not even a little. I am quite proud of her though, because Aunty took them to the zoo today and she was fascinated with this:








An obsession that will naturally segue into a fascination with these:





That's what I'm talkin' about, right there baby. She can't help that she was born with a great sense of style. Her big sisters and all the women that came before them have it too. Totally genetic. Plus, her stroller is leopard print.

It's inevitable, really.





Where was I?

Oh yeah... throwing a nice pity party for myself.... and I'm not even using the cute dishes -you know this is bad cuz I LOVE me some cute dishes.

The idea of being kidless is fun. It's just so dang quiet. And cleaner.


Plus... my blog is totally suffering. What is WRONG with me? I have not even been visiting my best bloggy buddies, whom I love. If I had time to create a "Really Sucky Blogger" award, I totally would. But that's what I'm short on these days... time. And witty, sarcastic, oh so clever observations that I can awe and inspire you with.

Crap. I need to go decorate something. That'll make me feel better.

9 comments:

Rusty Rae said...

You are right, I love it! It totally formed the oh so much needed smile across my sunburned lips (sunburned due to the fun at the zoo today)! Thank you for sharing that with me... I have to say, I think it's your best work yet... but maybe only because you mentioned me... idk.... whatever! Just know that your kiddos are loving summer thus far and loving their Aunty! :)
Love ya,
And thanks for allowing all of us to enjoy them as well! they are terrific babes! And I DO just wanna squeeze Livi!!!

pcb said...

I think it is the time for some romantic interludes????

Sharon said...

AS I listen to my 3 youngest scream at each other through the baby monitor, I so wish they would ditch me!

Oh, and I am also a more sucky blogger than you this week...summer sucks!

Stacy said...

Yo funny. And that is a cause of contention!!! I'm still laughing bout that.

momof3girls said...

Oh, what fun, dear me -did I miss your pity party? I know girl - the house seems so much bigger, and unused with those kiddos gone, but girl! Snap out of it! those kiddos will be home before long (and they most likely will return with all their dirty laundry!!)

So go out and play! Drive thru sonic get a coke, or limeade, or better yet Arby has a new Diet blackberry tea that is to die for!!!! Put on a some music and dance and enjoy being alone -Watch a sappy movie that they all would give you a hard time about because "you always cry at that part!". I hope you have fun decorating something _ I always love your blog and can't wait to check back in with you and see how you are doing!

(You know I did say snap out of it -with love, kindness and with a hug and a laugh! All girlfriends do our best to be supportive and kind at the same time!) See ya!

lagirl/Sweet Tea said...

I think lots of Bloggers have the Summer Blues cause we are blogging less and commenting even MORE less. How's that for some bad grammar? LOL

Now, get to the business of doing something FUN just for you while the kids are away. This is YOUR time!!

I signed on to Follow you, so I'll be back!!

Krista Darrach said...

I can't believe she's in Young Womens already. Wow.
Enjoy the moment - whatever it is.
Life is too short.
I've been too busy to visit my friends blogs too.
ahhh summer.

tammy said...

You let the baby go too? I don't think I could've handled that. Even now I miss my baby when he spends one night at Grammy's and he's 7.

Robyn said...

You're short on time? gee, I have NO idea why that would be.