I totally suck at updating this thing. Sorry. We have had a great couple of weeks. Halloween was great- Ash was a zombie princess (this is what happens when you want to be creepy and pretty at the same time- she got some interesting looks, but she pulled it off) Liz was "Red Handed Jane" (pirate girl- I was given a look of horror when she discovered that I didn't know red handed Jane- bad, bad mommy) and Ian was Jack Sparrow (complete with the eyes drawn on) I was (please do sit down - this is a good one.....) Mrs. Roper. ROFL I looked great. I bought a lovely kaftan and some false eyelashes and I wore every ring I own and some gold glitter platform heels. I was flippin' hot. That is simply all that can be said. I was hot- I cannot tell a lie. Then later that week Elizabeth (my sweet little 6 lb. 11 oz. love bug) got baptized. It was really cool because she was able to get baptized on Michael's birthday. They both thought that was a cool thing for them to share. She did have a terrible meltdown in the bathroom because she felt that the jumpsuit was ugly (only Liz!) and she was determined not to wear it. I finally convinced her that it was better than being baptized naked, so she very reluctantly relented. She was not happy though. When she saw her friend and Michael in the same jumpsuits, she was a little better about it. So we have two girls who have been baptized and one
very loud self proclaimed "Waffle-Eating Velociraptor" who quite frankly, is too naughty (and did I mention loud?) for his own good. But he is pretty dang cute, so that gets his bum out of a lot of trouble... Other than that there is not that much going on here. I did buy an antique formal dining table- I will have to get pics downloaded. I am happy about that, I have been trying to find what I want that is also remotely affordable (not a good combo with moi- it is genetic) but I got one and I love it. I am going to recover the seat cushions, and I got a killer deal on some expensive fabric. I have already purchased all of the children's Christmas presents... I am thrilled to be done so I can enjoy the rest of the year and not deal with grumpy people- that makes me really grouchy. I am going to New York the day after my (25th) birthday. I am really excited! I have never been at Christmastime. I am meeting my dear friend (and wonderful shopping buddy) Lynn up there and those poor NY'ers are not going to know what hit 'em. I almost have all my outfits and make up planned. I do believe I have re-developed a bit of a southern accent from my childhood. Don't really know why I threw that in there, but in
my head- it fit. I am exhausted. I went on a camp out last night with the YW. I forgot how crazy those people are. I love serving them though- they teach me so much, they are such great girls. OK, well I am going to run now, I was accosted (not bitten-
ACCOSTED) by a fire ant the other day (who knew I was allergic?) and my right hand and arm are swollen, painful and red- the Benedryl is kicking in and I am getting loopy. Have a wonderful night and I truly applaud anyone who has managed to actually read any of this nonsense.
5 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. Your kiddos sound adorable for Halloween and you must post pictures so I can see how hot you look. Im so excited for you to go NYC!!! Ive always wanted to go in the winter and freeze my butt off and see all the cool sites in the winter...jealous..that is what I am.
Yay! Finally another post! I love to hear what you're up to. I'm scared for those NYers. And I can just hear your accent. My nephews still have a little of their KY accent. It's funny. And what's even funnier, is they went from Italy straight to Louisianna and Kentucky.....that really messed up their accents.
Good post. Keep it up! And leave me some comments...I miss you!
(Oh, you did) : )
Hey! So fun to read about you guys. I love that Liz had a melt down about the jumpsuit. She's got taste, that one. I'll watch for pics of your table! Sounds great.
Way to go Layne! Posting has been a challenge for me lately too!!! Good to hear what's going on in your life. Soooo jealous about NY!!! Can I come too?!!????
Post a Comment