Monday, December 3, 2007

I am looking forward to Christmas

This year I am really ready for it. I feel really organized and I have put a lot of thought into gifts that I have purchased. I have not spent that much money- I like it like that. I like to get people things that make them happy, but I think that usually we spend way too much money on things that really don't matter. I think that this is a time to reflect on our beliefs, the people we love, why we love them, and all the blessings we are able to enjoy. I think that too often, we take for granted all that we have. I know I am guilty of that. I want to take time to really enjoy my blessings.
OK... so with that train of thought, just realized something I love that is very simple. That's right- I am talking about socks. I love them. I can't help it. I love funky ones, pretty ones, funny ones and even plain ones. I forgive them for not showcasing my cute toenails because they are so cool. I don't get to wear crazy underwear, so I wear crazy socks. I love wearing a sophisticated pair of boots and only I know what craziness lies underneath the smooth black leather... it is kind of liberating, don't you think?

5 comments:

tammy said...

I got ready early this year, too. I hate when it's too busy and I don't really have time to stop and breathe and reflect, and it ends up rushing by you.

Thanks for the b-day card!

queenbee4 said...

you are welcome for the card. I feel bad that it was late. I am sorry.

I like to enjoy myself... I have learned that if I am too rushed I get very grumpy. No one likes that.

Melanie and Will said...

ok, you are hilarious about the socks! next time i ever see you i'm gonna steal your shoes and make you show off your socks!

tammy said...

BTW - I have a card for you that I haven't mailed yet, but check my blog!

TZ Crew said...

Rumor has it Dec 6th is your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! MISS YA